Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Long Christmas Break

My friends are mad!!!

For the past 3 consecutive nights (Christmas Eve + Christmas Day + Boxing Day), I didn’t reach home till about 5am.

And here I am, in office already, with only 1.5hrs of sleep from last night. Bye bye long weekend!

I really need to use super high power anti-fatique facial masks with maximum revitalizing concentrated extracts for the next 1 month, to “repair” the 3-day destruction caused to my complexion. No joke!


CHRISTMAS EVE (Saturday)

0700-1000hr
On radio shift.

1000-1230hr
Stayed back in 933 studio to do some production work.

1400-1800hr
Went home to nap.

2000hr
Our 猪朋狗友 gang planned to meet at Raffles Place Coffee Club for dinner. 10 of us. Couple of absentees included Princess Kelly (put us aeroplane) and Weixiong (had high fever of 39.4 deg). Must be from all the SuperHost stress and trainings.

I was on time, also the first to arrive.

2100hr
An hour of waiting. The 2 last latecomers finally turned up. I nearly fainted from hunger. Just then, the waitress came up to our table.

Waitress:
“Sorry but our kitchen is closing now, would you like to place your LAST orders?”

HUH?? We haven’t even placed any FIRST orders yet!


Me:
“Ermm… I thought you close at 11pm?”

Waitress:
“Errr… no, we close at 10pm today.”

Us:
“………………… ”
(Again, thanks to the latecomers!)

2200hr
Ok fine, we quickly placed our orders, and chop chop finished our dinner and was outta Coffee Club.

2200-2300hr
2 more friends turned up. Total number now is 12.

We found a quiet empty area inside a building (can’t remember the building name), settled down, and conducted our 废物大交换.

Now, 废物大交换 is a self-invented new form of exchange of presents, whereby we each bring something (that we don’t need/use but might be useful to others) from home and exchange with one another. Of course, there is bound to be some mischievous people who’ll really bring 废物, that is useless to anyone! Haha!

The christmas present I received from the exchange was a book light, imprinted with the word “LIBRARY” across. Doesn’t matter. It’s useful anyways! I can use it to read Female, Her World, etc.! Haha!

2300hr
Another 2 more friends turned up. Total number now is 14.

It was a quick coffee session at Boat Quay TCC.

2345hr
We proceeded to Boat Quay along riverside, bought a whole carton of snow foam spray cans and secretly planned in our minds, our targets (to spray on) later when midnight struck.

0000hr
And the clock struck midnight! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It was madness!! It was chaotic!! Everyone was spraying snow foam on everyone else! We were all covered in thick white foam! And the floor was so slippery that some fell. Empty spray cans were being kicked as we ran about.

I reckoned I was one of the easier targets due to my height. Anyone just needed to lift their arms slightly and they would be at my face level already. As such, I kena so much on my face and hair!!! SUCH A MESS!!! But so fun!!!

Lucky I wasn’t dressed in my favourite outfit nor carrying my branded bag. Haha!

After a wild 20mins or so, we used up all our cans and were exhausted from the running and chasing. Perhaps age is really catching up on us! Haha!

0020-0100hr
Photo taking session and washing up at McDonald’s.

0100hr
It was MAFIA time! The full mechanics of MAFIA are too complicated to put into written words. In short, the roles involved consist of 1 or 2 Murderer/s (2 Murderers if more people play), 1 Spy & 1 Doctor. The rest will be Civilians. In short, the purpose of the game is to nap the Murderer/s.

Warning: This game is REALLY addictive! Have to see through people’s lies, watch out for nervous reactions/shifty eyes, etc……

0430hr
Alrighty, going home time. Our eyes were turning red and watery. We were yawning non-stop.

0600hr
ZzzZzzzzZz~


CHRISTMAS DAY (Sunday)

1700hr
I woke up. Shiok! When was the last time I had 11hrs worth of sleep?!

1900hr
Met the 猪朋狗友’s at Heeren Sakae Sushi for dinner. Group was smaller today. 7 of us.

2230hr
Ended up at Mr Bean. Time for MAFIA again!!

0400hr
Gosh! We didn’t realize we’d played MAFIA for almost 6hrs straight! Told ya, the game IS addictive!

0430hr
Reached home.

0530hr
ZzzZzzzzZz~


BOXING DAY (Monday)

1530hr
Woke up.

1730hr
Fell asleep while watching TV in the living room watching TV.

1930hr
Just as when I thought I could retire early tonight, in preparation for working day the next day, my mobile phone beeped. The sms read: “Dear all, shall we meet at 9pm, Plaza Sing TCC for more MAFIA?

I nearly fainted… again (but not from hunger lar). My MAFIA addiction was kicking up.

I thought, “What the heck! Just go lar! Tomorrow then worry about how to stay awake at work lar!

So off I went.

2100-2200hr
3 of us reached on time. We shopped around Plaza Sing, waiting for the latecomers.

2200hr
2 more 猪朋狗友’s arrived. And so, 5 of us headed into TCC, ordered drinks and continued to wait for more people to come.

2230hr
Waitress came to our table.

Waitress:
“Hi, any last orders?”

NOT AGAIN?!?!


Me:
“Ermmm… what time do you close?”

Waitress:
“We close at 11pm.”

Us:
“………………”

2300hr
We ended up at Mr Bean… again. Oh, can I just say their service sucks… BIG TIME!!!

By this time, 5 more friends had turned up. Total 10 of us now.

It’s MAFIA time!!! As much as I’m hooked to this game, I quite sucked at it. I can’t lie/act well! They could see through me almost instantly everytime I kena Mafia. Sigh…

0400hr
I didn’t quite realize it was already this late until I start yawning continuously. Looked at my watch and… O H M Y G O O D N E S S ! ! ! ! ! I had to be at work at 8.30am later!!!

0405hr
I bade the gang farewell. They stayed on and chit-chatted. POWER!

0530hr
ZzzZzzzzZz~


THE DAY AFTER BOXING DAY (Tuesday)

0700hr
Time to wake up. This single question kept popping into my head – “Should I call in sick today?” After much struggling, I decided against it and pulled myself outta bed… very reluctantly.

0845hr
In office with sibei heavy eyelids.


1 comment:

PF said...

Hehe! Sounded really fun. I must learn how to play this game MAFIA, too :-P