Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Disorientation At Lunch

After giving it ALOT of thought, I have made up my mind!!! I decided...... to have economical rice (aka 菜饭) for lunch today! *Tsk tsk*

Me (points at kangkong):
Ah, auntie, 我要这个。

Auntie:
还有呢?

Me (points at some fried meat chunks):
这个是什么?

Auntie:
猪肉。

Me:
噢,OK,我要这个。

Auntie:
还有呢?
(this is probably the most commonly used phrase amongst all 菜饭 aunties/uncles)

Me:
Hmmm... curry chicken。

At this moment, the auntie threw me a disturbed look.

Auntie:
还要鸡肉?
(note that she stressed on “还要”.)

I threw back an equally disturbed look and nodded my head.

Come on lah, what's wrong with having both pork and chicken? Cannot have 2 meat + 1 veg meh? Duh!

Just before the auntie closed the lid of my 菜饭 box, she added in a fried egg (I assumed it's FOC). Duh! Like the extra egg's gonna make the meal healthier loh! The best part was, she charged me a bloody $4.50 for my 2-meat-1-veg meal! Economical rice?! *PUI*

Anywayz, I da-bao my lunch and bought some cut fruits (watermelon + apples) at another stall on my way back to office.

Back in office, I was just about to start on my fruits when, to my dismay, I realised, instead of apples, the fruits auntie gave me honeydew!!! Arghhh!

H-E-L-L-O!!! 苹果 and 蜜瓜 don't sound alike at all lor!!!

What's wrong with people today?!?!?!

*Gasps*

1 comment:

PF said...

Hahah...it actually sounds funny...these ppl really screwed up :P