Wednesday, December 21, 2005

TV12 X'mas Idol 2005

We had an office function cum X'mas party yesterday evening.

The Mechanics...

All staff were split into 7 teams. Each team had to put up a performance revolving the theme "X'mas Idol". When I first learnt of the theme, I was like, "For goodness sake, this is so overdone! Can't they be more innovative?".

But it turned out to be a very enjoyable evening - the first time I've ever laughed so hard in office premises! The performances made me change my perceptions of many of my colleagues. Behind their ritual straight faces (on normal working days) lie a rather naughty side that I never knew of! This is what I call “闷骚”.

The Award/Prize Presentation...

It was time to give out the awards and prizes to some outstanding staff performers. I knew a particular colleague expected himself to clinch one of the awards. He had put in a lot of effort and sweat into his segment. However he didn't get it. He appeared to be real calm and smiley. But I guessed his heart, in fact, was bleeding.

In case you're wondering, nah, my team didn't get anything. We only started our rehearsal the night before! Strictly speaking, it wasn't even a rehearsal to begin with, more like a read through. What to do, the people in my department are all super busy folks. Always on the go to bring in money for the company. Otherwise, how did we achieve a 30% revenue growth in just one year? Haha!

The Tranformation...

Our reception desk was being transformed into an open bar! Poor receptionist... I don't know how she's gonna deal with all the stickiness (from alcohol residues) when she comes in this morning!

(PS: Will upload some pics once ready.)

No comments: